Research & Science
Everything we stand for at HARMONY 783 is grounded in science. There are now more than 20 scientific research studies substantiating that the direct connection with the earth’s surfaces can have multiple, major positive effects on our well-being. This is called grounding, also known as earthing. The scientific findings, include, but are not limited to the conditions below. These research studies are in the public domain, and people interested in learning more are encouraged to seek them out directly.
- Reduction of inflammation
- Increased circulation
- Normalization of blood pressure
- Improved sleep
- Reduced anxiety
- Relief from pain
- Return to Homeostasis
- The Effects of Grounding on Meditation Quality: A Preliminary Study Report 2019 (abstract)
- Effectiveness of Grounded Sleeping on Recovery after Intensive Eccentric Muscle Loading 2019
- The Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Bodyworkers’ Pain and Overall Quality of Life: A randomized Controlled Trial 2019
- Grounding Patients with Hypertension Improves Blood Pressure: A Case History Series Study 2018
- Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Massage Therapists 2018
- Electrical Grounding Improves Vagal Tone in Preterm Infants 2017
- Effects of Grounding on Body Voltage and Current in the Presence of Electromagnetic Fields 2016
- Grounding After Moderate Eccentric Contractions Reduces Muscle Damage 2015
- One-Hour Contact with the Earth’s Surface (Grounding) Improves Inflammation and Blood Flow—A Randomized, Double-Blind, Pilot Study 2015
- The Effect of Grounding the Human Body on Mood 2015
- Grounding the Human Body during Yoga Exercise with a Grounded Yoga Mat Reduces Blood Viscosity 2015
- Grounding the Human Body Improves Facial Blood Flow Regulation 2014
- Differences in Blood Urea and Creatinine Concentrations in Earthed and Unearthed Subjects during Cycling Exercise and Recovery 2013
- Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease 2013
- Earthing the Human Organism Influences Bioelectrical Processes 2012
- Emotional Stress, Heart Rate Variability, Grounding, and Improved Autonomic Tone: Clinical Applications 2011
- Earthing the Human Body Influences Physiologic Processes 2011.
- Pilot Study on the Effect of Grounding on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness 2010
- Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes 2010
- The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 2 2007
- The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 1 2006
- The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the Application of Earth Ground 2005
- The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain, and Stress 2004
- Thermography Case Histories 2004-2005
- Initial Grounding Experimentation by Clint Ober, 2000
Grounding Review Articles:
- Integrative and Lifestyle Medicine Strategies Should Include Earthing (Grounding): Review of Research Evidence and Clinical Observations 2020
- Electric Nutrition: The Surprising Health and Healing Benefits of Biological Grounding (Earthing) Altern Ther Health Med. 2017 Sep;23(5):8-16.
- The Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Inflammation, Immune Response, Wound Healing, and Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases 2015
- Biophysics of Earthing (grounding) the Human Body, in Bioelectromagnetic and Subtle Energy Medicine (CRC Press), 2015
- Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons 2012
- The Neuromodulative Role of Earthing 2011
- Prevention and/or Recovery from Corona Virus Infections: Clint Ober, James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Rx Earth – The Original Painkiller! James Oschman, Ph.D., Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D., Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D.
- Understanding Earthing (Grounding) James Oschman, Ph.D., Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.
- The Earth’s Electrical Surface Potential: A Summary of Present Understanding: Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.
- Can Electrons Act as Antioxidants? A Review and Commentary: James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Charge Transfer in the Living Matrix: James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Perspective: Assume a Spherical Cow: The role of Free or Mobile Electrons in Bodywork, Energetic and Movement Therapies: James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Fatigued? Let Grounding Recharge Your Battery
- Earthing vs. “Good” and “Bad” Free Radicals: James Oschman, Ph.D.
- Earthing Speeds Sports/Training Recovery, Lessens Muscle Damage and Inflammation
- Earthing, Inflammation, and Aging – Something to Think About: Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.
- Matteo Tavera: A French Naturalist’s Vision of the Importance of “Natural Electricity” to Life
- Earthing Poster 2018 Congress on Integrative Medicine
Misinformation about Grounding
- Beware of Earthing Misinformation, Gaétan Chevalier, Ph.D.
- Earthing and Ground Currents
- Grounding Does Not Turn You Into an Antenna for EMFs
- Earthing and so-called “dirty electricity”
The above published scientific studies, review articles, and commentaries can be found HERE.
Harmonize With Us
Receive the Latest GROUNDbreaking News, Special Offers &
15% OFF Your First Purchase